Mocha Pistachio Biscotti
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 cup shelled, salted, chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Medaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon warm water
- Step 1
For Biscotti: HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Stir flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until combined. Whisk eggs, melted butter, vanilla and espressso mixture together in small bowl until light in color. Mix in flour mixture and pistachios. Knead with hands to form dough.
- Step 2
PLACE dough on lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Shape each half into a 9 x 2-inch log. Place both logs on prepared baking sheet 4 inches apart.
- Step 3
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until firm. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Transfer logs to cutting board. Cut logs on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Place on baking sheet cut side down. Bake 8 minutes. Turn over. Bake 6 to 8 minutes more or until dry. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Step 4
For Glaze: Melt chocolate chips and butter in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir in corn syrup and dissolved espresso mixture until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled biscotti.